Senior Digital Content Manager (fixed term)
- Contract term: 1 year fixed term. Includes occasional out-of-hours working. Based in Annesley, Nottinghamshire
Working in the Digital Marketing Service & Performance Team on-site, you’ll support the Digital Marketing Service & Performance Manager in owning and coordinating digital content initiatives across a series of programmes and realising their benefits.
As the Senior Digital Content Manager, you’ll have extensive knowledge of digital best practice, content management systems, and be able to coordinate a range of digital/web content activities across the website. You’ll contribute to the strategic planning activities and actively get involved in delivering the work to ensure a first-class digital content experience.
You’ll work both collaboratively and proactively with colleagues in Marketing & Communications, and across the wider business, to identify and align opportunities and approaches for new and repurposed high quality, compliant digital content. You’ll also plan and resource major content initiatives for the team, working closely with stakeholders and operational teams focusing on a customer-centric approach.
As the Senior Digital Content Manager, the ability to multi-task to deliver and co-ordinate is key. You’ll be crucial to the process of designing, creating, building and publishing web content for the client, identifying opportunities to improve the overall user experience of the website. You’ll be responsible for driving commercial activity by managing the digital content workstream, working alongside our SEO teams to lead and deliver technical improvements, ensuring the team follows best practice guidelines, regulatory compliance and adheres to incident management processes. You’ll be comfortable in managing analytics following content changes, too.
- Be an advocate for the company and client, inspiring others
- Be a role model for the future organisation, with a focus on health and safety, customer centricity and promoting/adopting innovation and new ways of working
- Build robust and enduring relationships with diverse stakeholders, both internal and external
- Understand the industry, current market challenges and trends, and the wider business
- Create and manage an overarching workload plan to ensure all team activity is mapped and resourced
- Treat customers fairly and comply with industry regulations
Essential skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Previous experience in a digital content role
- Previous experience of working with content management systems (CMS) in a corporate environment
- Previous experience of people management in a project or programme environment
- Ability to coordinate multiple deliverables across a team of digital experts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in a complex matrix organisation, and able to adapt to changing requirements
- Be a team-player and committed to working within a team
- Strong planning skills and commercial awareness
- Ability to problem-solve and influence others in alternative ways of working
- Solid appreciation of SEO and its importance
- Ability to manage and influence stakeholders at all levels, gain buy-in and drive digital-first thinking
- Creative, diplomatic, cool under pressure with fantastic interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work outside of core hours on a periodical basis when needed (occasionally overnight)
- Previous experience of line management
- Experience of working in an ecommerce team in a regulated industry
- Demonstrable knowledge of Sitecore and Adobe Experience Manager
- Expert in current digital trends
- Working knowledge of design software, including Paint Shop Pro / Photoshop
- Design, creation and production management skills
- A strong communicator with excellent written and interpersonal skills
Please reference code 0318 when applying for this role.