We’re looking for an experienced proof-reader to join our Quality Control team.
As part of a prominent creative agency, you’ll be calm under pressure and capable of managing multiple workloads amid competing deadlines. Working alongside creatives, graphic designers, writers, film-makers, web developers and analysts, you’ll be hands-on in dealing with the end product of many different projects and campaigns – including print, digital, social media, film and animation, and consumer insight.
As the guardian of quality for our output, you’ll demonstrate an ability to maintain high standards and best practice, with a keen eye for detail in terms of grammatical sense, spelling, tone of voice, brand terminology, print layout, logical sense of order, subtitling, and typography. A graduate degree in English is desirable, but not essential.
Our complex processes and level of rigour mean that common sense, fantastic organisational and time management skills, vision and initiative are essential attributes.
Our candidate will have strong publishing and/or agency credentials too. Campaign experience would be an advantage and a robust knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud products is important. Placed alongside a talented and experienced multichannel graphic design studio, a working understanding of Apple/Mac software and hardware is an essential quality.
You’ll be a great communicator too, as part of a team that deals with and manages our clients’ daily expectations. With a natural ability to direct and support others in delivering the best possible end product, you’ll be agile and considered in providing constructive feedback to your colleagues, assisting in finding solutions to problems on an ad hoc basis.
- Checking the quality of our studio output in all forms, ensuring all items are delivered to our clients on time and to the highest standard
- Prioritising and managing conflicts between time and quality
- Understanding and interlinking with the diverse skill sets within our internal production and creative teams
- Helping our teams to achieve best practice, developing your own client knowledge to become integral to our process
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience as a proof-reader for a minimum of three years, preferably within the world of publishing or a creative agency
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to understand the nuances of our varying clients’ needs
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills across all channels
- Excellent organisation skills, both in terms of time and IT literacy
- The ability to function well in a demanding environment
Fit the criteria for this full-time role? Then send an email with your CV and a covering letter detailing your suitability and salary expectations, quoting reference 0444 to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.