Linney is seeking someone with a customer-first approach to join our team of field-marketing experts. You’ll support, develop and shape the services we offer to McDonald’s UK and Ireland.
This role will see you:
- Deliver virtual and physical local marketing support in a professional, effective, on-brand and relevant way.
- Demonstrate how to bring national plans to life at a local level.
- Build productive relationships with operations teams, franchisees and respective hierarchy.
- Present to a range of stakeholders in both physical and virtual environments.
- Manage projects, including briefs, budgets, deadlines, delegation, risks.
- Take responsibility for completing projects in-line with plans.
- Proactively making sound business recommendations for the enhancement of support plans, tools and services.
- Re-evaluate programmes through extensive engagement and make continuous service improvements.
- Install and advise on merchandising positioning, messaging and POP/POS.
- Review and report on competitor activity.
- Approve and sign-off artwork.
A strong commercial knowledge and business acumen is vital. You’ll need to be a self-starter who’s receptive to change, creative and innovative with high energy levels. You’ll need to be responsive, especially when urgency is required, have good analytical thinking skills and be a process-driven problem solver with excellent attention to detail.
You should be confident and articulate thoughts and ideas in a compelling way and be recognised as an advocate of the Linney and McDonald’s brands.
We are looking for someone with strong knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint. You‘ll also need a driving licence.
Linney is a multichannel marketing services group and, as we grow our client base, you will benefit from opportunities for development and career progression. A full induction and training programme will be provided.
Although the majority of the role will be office /home based with your expertise delivered virtually, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to travel, supporting clients in the UK and Ireland.
If you feel you fit the criteria for this full-time role, please send an email with your CV and a covering letter detailing your suitability and salary expectations to email@example.com