We are looking for an experienced Account Manager to join our team to manage printed POS campaigns. You’ll be working in West London with one of our key retail clients. While this is a full-time role (Monday to Friday, 8.30am–5.30pm), you will need a flexible approach to meet the demands of a busy retail environment. Ideally, you will have two to three years’ experience in a similar role and strong POS production and campaign knowledge. Some experience of direct mail campaign management would be useful but not essential.
Although you will spend the majority of your time based at our client’s office, you will be required to travel to our head office in Mansfield from time to time. You will be joining the team for 12 months to cover maternity leave.
Operational skills required
- Ability to build knowledge of key stakeholders and their requirements
- Ensuring personal and team service is delivered to a consistently high standard (from attending production meetings to system/process enhancements)
- Ability to relay print briefs to our head office production facility
- Consultative print expertise and ability to offer solutions, by working through problems and taking the pressure off our client stakeholders
- Ensuring all work is delivered on time to a high standard and to the correct specifications
- Ensuring all purchase orders are raised by the client and processed correctly with colleagues at head office for accurate and timely billing
- Ability to use the Linney online system to facilitate daily workflow
- Excellent computer literacy skills for managing data from Excel and other programs.
- Account management experience on similar retail accounts, preferably on site with clients
- Management of marketing briefs from concept to distribution with multiple agencies
- Experience of working on complex accounts with multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge or appreciation of the world of print and production basics, including design, artwork, print, fulfilment, distribution, etc. (although there is no need to be a technical expert)
- Experience in dealing with data for use in mailings or client estate allocation/profile data.
- Confident and comfortable communicator who can use varied methods and communicate with people at all levels
- Excellent project management skills
- Highly organised
- Ability to understand and recognise key client deadlines and schedules
- Calm under pressure
- Skilled at multi-tasking
- Proactive work attitude
- Well-presented, professional and confident at all times.
If you feel you fit the criteria for this full-time role, please send an email with your CV and a covering letter detailing your suitability and salary expectations, quoting reference 0380, to firstname.lastname@example.org