We are looking for an experienced Account Manager to join our team to manage print and POS campaigns. You will be based in our Mansfield Head Office, but required to travel weekly to clients’ locations – this could include their own head offices, stadiums, zoos, castles, corporate venues and more. While this is a full-time role (Monday to Friday, 8.30am–5.30pm), you will need a flexible approach to meet the demands of several fast paced accounts. Ideally, you will have two to three years’ experience in a similar role and strong print production knowledge. Some experience of direct mail and campaign management would be useful, but not essential.
You will be joining the team to cover a maternity leave period of potentially 6 to 12 months.
Operational skills required
- Ability to build knowledge of key stakeholders and their requirements
- Ensuring personal and team service is delivered to a consistently high standard (from attending production meetings to system/process enhancement)
- Ability to relay print briefs to our head office production facility
- Consultative print expertise and ability to offer solutions, by working through problems and taking the pressure off our client stakeholders
- Ensuring all work is delivered on time to a high standard and to the correct specifications
- Ability to use the Linney online system to facilitate daily workflow
- Excellent computer literacy skills for managing data from Excel and other programs
- Work collaboratively with internal colleagues from our in-house creative agency to execute creative briefs
- Business development skills.
- Account management experience on retail or food service (hospitality) accounts, preferably on site with clients
- Management of marketing briefs from concept to distribution with multiple agencies
- Experience of working on complex accounts with multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge or appreciation of the world of print and production basics, including design, artwork, print, fulfilment, distribution, etc. (although there is no need to be a technical expert)
- Experience in dealing with data for use in mailings or client estate allocation/profile data
- Experience of managing multiple client accounts would be useful.
- Confident and comfortable communicator who can use varied methods and communicate with people at all levels
- Excellent project management skills
- Highly organised
- Ability to understand and recognise key client deadlines and schedules
- Calm under pressure
- Skilled at multi-tasking
- Proactive work attitude
- Well present ed, professional and confident at all times
- Commercially confident
- Full UK driving license is essential.
If you feel you fit the criteria for this full-time role, please send an email with your CV and a covering letter detailing your suitability and salary expectations, quoting reference 0401, to email@example.com by 28 February 2020.